S1 Sprint car
This first customer car I built and the last car I built on the driveway at home. This was my first chance to put some of the lessons I learnt building my own car into use, it turned out be a very fast little car and sprinted successfully for several years before being sold on and converted to exige bodywork.
This build used the very low mileage K20z that was originally used in my own elise along with a brand new gearbox fitted with a wavetrac LSD.
Originally built with an under subframe manifold but later upgraded to an over the top 4 in to 2 into 1, which increased the mid range torque by over 10lb ft and made great power with a peak output of 221hp.
The difference between the 2 exhaust manifolds was very noticable!